Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why we are here

A man once said to me, “Do you really need a place here in America to help men get off drugs?”  I had to step back a minute to see if he was just kidding.  Sad to say he was not.  This question of need hits me every day that I work here.  Just the other morning while we were going through a testimony class, I heard story after story of broken young lives crying out for help.  Who will help them?  Almost every family involved with these young men had said, “Don’t come back; we cannot help you any more.”  So here they are, broken and hurting.  This is just how God wants them.  He is willing to look at their sin and to pour His love and grace into their pain.  At the Haven of Rest this is why we are here, and yes, we need to be here.  I would think almost everyone out there has had some part of their lives impacted by some life-controlling substance.   We are here to help.  Do keep praying for our Lord’s hand to be on this place.  God Bless!

Gene Christian
Industry Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment