Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Praise Him!


Praise Him! – Dr. Bill Bright

The Lamb is worthy-the Lamb who was killed (Revelation 5:12, NLT).

Dear friends:

There is only one Person in the universe worthy of our praise, and that is our wonderful Creator and Savior. "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" (Revelation 5:12, NIV).

The day had been long and busy at the office, and I was very weary. The challenges before me were overwhelming. My mind was filled with all the events of the day and what I saw as problems.

Suddenly I was reminded of something that I had been learning over a period of time -- the power of praise.

I turned to the Psalm 145 and began reading that marvelous psalm of praise. Before long, my heart, which had been weary, cold and indifferent to the things of God, was reawakened. Out of my innermost being, I found myself giving praise to our great God and Savior.

There are many Christians who live in defeat when it is totally unnecessary. As an act of the will, even if they do not feel like it, if they took the time to praise, worship and adore God, they would experience His victory. Praise of God is one of the most liberating experiences one can know. Our "feelings" do not change His worthiness nor our need to praise Him.

Psalm 145 has 21 verses. I suggest you open your Bible, read it and vocalize it today to our Savior. Here are the first seven verses:

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.

Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever.

Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.

One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.

They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.

They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.

They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness (NIV)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment