Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Now I See

Now I See


John 9:25 (ESV): “He answered, ‘Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.’”
The Bible says there is power in the word of our testimony (Matthew 10:32; Revelation 12:11). Too often, though, we shy away from sharing Christ with others because we think we don’t know enough about the Bible or we don’t speak eloquently or we fear someone may ask us a question about Christ that we don’t know the answer to. So, in fear, we keep our mouths closed instead of proclaiming Him. I love the enthusiasm of this man in John chapter 9, though. He was born blind. One day, Jesus came along and gave him sight! Imagine seeing the faces of your loved ones, seeing the sky and trees, seeing the world for the first time. He was filled with joy. He had been delivered from darkness and there was no shutting him up! The religious leaders heard the news of this deliverance and asked the man how he received his sight. He told them Jesus had healed him. They rebuked the man and called Jesus a sinner. In that moment, the man did not try to impress or even to convince the religious leaders to believe him, he simply spoke of what he knew to be true, “I was blind, now I see.” What an incredible testimony! Can’t we do the same? We have been transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Light; we were empty, now we are filled; we were people of fear, now we are people of hope; we were blind to our own sinfulness, now we see the righteousness of God! If you have encountered Jesus Christ, share the Good News straight from your heart. Let your testimony serve to glorify God, to encourage yourself, and to instill hope in others.
Keep your eyes on Christ today!

No comments:

Post a Comment